Many companies like warehouses and even regular small business owners can benefit from keeping a log of their inventory for parts stocked and sold. Having a handy parts inventory sheet to work with can make the job easier to record essential information. The template available on this page is great for any company to use and customize easily to their needs. It is free to download from this page. Compatible with Microsoft Excel 2007 or later.
How to Use the Parts Inventory Template
- Download the template file free from this page to your computer and save in any preferred folder of your choice or directly to desktop for easier access.
- Find the file and open it to begin editing the necessary areas in the parts inventory template to fit your needs.
- The template has several text fields that can be edited starting with the company name. All other fields can be entered as you see appropriate for the parts you are recording.
- The template also has calculations for extensions – price multiplied by quantity. Enter the necessary details on each field for each part that needs to be updated.
Tips to Use the Parts Inventory Template
- The template is easy to customize and can be used for any parts that are being bought and sold to keep an inventory record that is easy to use. This is a great way for owners to figure which parts are more in-demand.
- The parts inventory template can be customized to distribute in different areas of a parts warehouse to manage the inventory in each area. They can be given to the persons in charge of each area and all data can later be reconciled into an inventory system.
- Since it is easy to edit and customize, you can also add an area for keeping notes. This is helpful for leaving a message to the person in charge of keeping track of the inventory.
Using the easy-to-customize parts inventory template is a great way to have your own personalized forms for your business. The template can be used multiple times on paper or used and saved electronically.
Download: Parts Inventory