A school supplies checklist is a great way to let parents know what their children need for the entire school year. Schools can use the school supplies checklist in order to cover multiple grades or classrooms that need supplies brought in by the students. The students will use the supplies the entire year to help them learn.
How to Use the School Supplies Checklist
- At the top of the page, be sure to list the name of the school. This will help parents identify the list at stores or at the school.
- Under the school’s name, you will need to put the dates the supplies are being used for. For example, you would want to put 2007-2008 to cover for the school year starting in 2007 and ending in 2008.
The checklist will have the following grades listed:
- Grade 1
- Grade 2
- Grade 3
- Grade 4
- Grade 5
- Please Note- this is used for additional notes or supplies needed for special classes such as art, music, or gym.
Tips on Using the School Supplies Checklist
- Underneath each grade you will need to list the supplies needed. This would include items such as paper, pencils, crayons, scissors, markers, notebooks, etc.
- Beside each item listed will be a little box. This box is there to help parents check off the items as they purchase them for their children.
- Since the list has multiple grades, it helps parents out that have more than one student in that school. They will be able to see all the grades and supplies needed from one sheet of paper.
- The checklist is customizable and can be changed for each year. This way the teachers can change up the items they need every year. They don’t have to worry about having excessive supplies that they will not use.
The school supplies checklist is simple to use and can be customized to fit your school’s needs. You can download the template for free right from this page.
Download: School Supplies Checklist